That's every station on the map crossed off. Nearly five years worth of riding, walking, travelling all over the place have resulted in a map covered in black splodges. I've gone everywhere.
All that's left is the loop. Four stations in the centre. I've never collected Liverpool Central. I've done the Water Street ticket hall for James Street, but not the main entrance. I've done Lime Street main line, but never the underground station. And ok, I did Moorfields on my very first trip, but there's no harm in doing it again, is there? Sort of bookends the whole thing.
One last trip round the loop will finish it off. So here's when I'm going to do it: 2pm, Sunday the 15th April, before they close Liverpool Central for refurbishment. And you, dear reader, are invited. You don't have to come. Don't feel obligated. But after all these years it might be fun.
The plan is this:
- Meet outside James Street at 2pm.
- Take the Wirral Line from James Street to Moorfields.
- Walk from Moorfields to Lime Street.
- Take the Wirral Line from Lime Street to Central.
- Find a pub.
It's not the most elegant of plans, and it's not going to take all afternoon. I just thought it would be a good way to polish the whole thing off.
Things to remember:
- This is still just riding round on Merseyrail trains. It's not an evening at Studio 54. So don't have sky high expectations about it being the party of the century.
- Get a Day Saver or a Saveaway so you can enter and re-enter the stations as many times as you like. Trying to buy a single from James Street to Moorfields may result in quizzical looks from station staff.
- Just because it ends in a pub don't think you have to get steaming drunk.
As I say, if you want to come, please do. 2pm, Sunday the 15th April, outside James Street. I'll wear my I Get Around By Merseyrail Underground badge so you know who to follow. E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you've got any questions, requests, suggestions for pubs. It could be fun. It could be horribly embarrassing. You won't know unless you come though, will you?